Key West Areas
New Town/Mid Town East Real Estate
New Town/Mid Town East Area Information for Key West, Fl.
The Key West communities of New Town and Mid Town East are situated on the earn side of the island.
Both of these communities offer distinct advantages to residents living there.
New Town shares borders with Mid Town East and the water. It also is closest to U.S. Highway 1, which connects the island to the mainland. Some of the amenities located within the borders of New Town include Southernmost Kitchen and Bath, Wickers Spots Complex, Atlantic Grocery Store, Dry Tortugas Kayak Rental.
Meanwhile, Mid Town East shares borders with New Town and Mid Town West. Residents living in Mid Town East enjoy easy access to such local amenities as: McArthur Dairy, Florida Keys Cycle, Shanna Key Irish Pub and Grill and Sunshine Watersports.
New Town/Mid Town East Area Real Estate for Sale
The eastern part of Key West Island features homes that were mostly built in the 1950s and 1960s.
One distinguishing feature about real estate in New Town is that many of the homes come with terrazzo floors, which basically feature exposed marble chips on the surface of finished concrete.
These homes also boast generous-sized back yards!
Recreational Amenities in New Town and Mid Town East
No matter where they live in New Town and Mid Town East, residents on this side of Key West are within a close distance to a number of popular recreational attractions on the island, such as:
- Subtropic Dive Center, which even offers a night dive opportunity
- Charter Boat Rides, which is lead by veteran charter boat captain Mike Weinhofer
- Sunset Watersports, which rents boats to individuals and provides them with a GPS, fish finder, VHF radio, bait and tackle and more.
- Key West Resort Golf Course, which boasts itself as the southernmost golf course in the country. This 18-hole par 70 course was designed by Rees Jones and is a must see.
- Fort East Martello Museum and Gallery: This Civil War-era fortress features 8-foot thick walls and has plenty of historic artifacts and military memorabilia.
Buying and Selling Key West Homes in New Town
As your dedicated Key West REALTOR, I’ll answer any questions you may have as well as provide you with even more information about what it’s like to live in this area.
For the time being, I recommend you browse some of the available New Town homes for sale using my helpful pre-defined real estate searches:
- Search New Town real estate between $100,000 and $250,000
- Search New Town real estate between $250,000 and $350,000
- Search New Town real estate between $350,000 and $450,000
- Search New Town real estate between $450,000 and $550,000
- Search New Town real estate between $550,000 and $650,000
- Search New Town real estate between $650,000 and $750,000
- Search New Town real estate above $750,000